Consulate General in London

Argentine Associations in the United Kingdom

Argentine/ British Bank Holidays

Contact Us


Our team

Travelling to Argentina

Useful Links

What can a Consul do?

Student Visa

Updated date: 09/09/2022


Foreigners who enter the country as tourists without a visa, may take formal studies or attend non-formal courses without changing their immigration status. The course duration cannot exceed the length of stay granted at the time of admission.

Short-term student Visa: intended for those who enter the country to attend formal or non-formal education, in a public or private establishment which is officially recognized, for less than 12 months.

Long-term student Visa: intended for those who enter the country to pursue formal studies in a public or private establishment which is officially recognized. The applicant must initiate proceedings for obtaining the DNI within 60 days of entry. A USD 600 Tasa de Migraciones must be paid to apply for this visa. 

In both cases the applicant must be in direct contact with the school, which has the obligation to inform them about the process.


- Original application form FVS (hand-written with black ink and to be signed the day of the appointment).

- Passport or travel document (it must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the intended date of entry and have at least two free pages to stamp the visa)

- UK visa or residency card (if applicable)

- 2 (TWO) current passport photos (full front view, colour with white background)

- Confirmation from the school that entry permit has been processed at the Dirección Nacional de Migraciones. "Precarga de Datos Electrónica"

-Program of studies. "Programa de estudios"

- Proof of economic solvency for the duration of the studies.

- Flight tickets

- In case of underage student an authorisation from both parents and the appointment of a legal representative in Argentina is required.

- Original certificate of good conduct issued by the relevant authorities of the country or countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year during the last three (3) years duly legalized with The Hague Convention Apostille. Certificates have to be issued no more than 3 months before the appointment. Must be also translated into Spanish by an official translator from one of these associations. From the United Kingdom it has to be the ACRO certificate.-  (Only for long term courses for 6+ months).


The Consul can request the applicant to provide additional information.


Due to previous issues receiving emails from private addresses, it is recommended to contact the Consulate from accounts. 


Appointments can only be requested once the applicant complies with all the requirements.

To request an appointment, send an email to attaching a copy of your passport and the Precarga de Datos Electrónica, and state you comply with all requirements. 

Fondo argentino de cooperación sur-sur y triangular