British nationals do not need a tourist visa to enter Argentina for up to 90 days which can be extended for another 90 days at Dirección Nacional de Migraciones. For other countries please send us an email.
Since a very recent ruling from the immigration office in Argentina, nationals of the following countries, who require tourist visas, will be able to apply at least one month prior to the trip, for an electronic travel authorization (AVE) in order to travel to Argentina.
This ruling affects those who hold a valid visa category B2 issued by the United States of America and/or or a valid Schengen VISA stamped in your passport.
ALBANIA / ANGOLA / ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA / BAHAMAS / BAHRAIN / BELIZE / BENIN / BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA / BOTSUANA / BURKINA FASO / BURUNDI / BUTAN / CAPE VERDE / CAMBOYA / CAMEROON / IVORY COAST / CUBA / DOMINICA / ERITREA / ESWATINI / ETHIOPIA / GABON / GAMBIA / GHANA / GUINEA / EQUATORIAL GUINEA / GUINEA-BISSAU / INDIA / MARSHALL ISLANDS / SALOMON ISLANDS / KENYA / KIRIBATI / LAOS / LESOTO / MADAGASCAR / MALAWI / MALDIVES / MAURITIUS / MOLDOVA / MOZAMBIQUE / MYANMAR / NAMIBIA / NAURU / NEPAL / OMAN / PALAOS / PAPUA NEW GUINEA / CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC / REPUBLIC OF CONGO / DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO / DOMINICAN REPUBLIC / REPUBLIC OF NIGER / POPULAR REPUBLIC OF CHINA / RWANDA / SAMOA / SANTO TOME AND PRINCIPE / SENEGAL / SEYCHELLES / SIERRA LEONE / TANZANIA / TOGO / TONGA / TUVALU / UGANDA / VANUATU / VIETNAM / YIBUTI / ZAMBIA / ZIMBABUE
Please note that Taiwanese Nationals are not affected by these changes.
Please click on this link and follow instructions to obtain the electronic authorization to travel: www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/indexP.php?reciprocidad
Requirements for Tourist visa:
- Original application form FVS (hand-written with black ink and to be signed the day of the appointment).
- Passport or travel document (it must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the intended date of entry and have at least two free pages to stamp the visa)
- UK visa or residency card (if applicable)
- 1 (ONE) current passport photo (full front view, colour with white background)
- Return flights schedule (purchase is not mandatory, but it has to be secured with a credit card under the applicant's name)
- Hotel reservation (for the whole stay, under each applicant's name) or if staying with friend/family, a. (https://www.argentina.gob.ar/carta-de-invitacion-para-el-ingreso-de-extranjeros-la-republica)
- Proof of economic solvency (original bank statements for the last 3 months with at least USD 50 -or the equivalent- per day of stay. Bank statements which are downloaded from the internet must be stamped/certified by the bank).
- Letter from the applicant's employer/education institution
The Consul can request the applicant to provide additional information at any time during the process.